Jump to letter: [
python-ipython - An enhanced interactive Python shell
IPython provides a replacement for the interactive Python interpreter with
* Comprehensive object introspection.
* Input history, persistent across sessions.
* Caching of output results during a session with automatically generated
* Readline based name completion.
* Extensible system of 'magic' commands for controlling the environment and
performing many tasks related either to IPython or the operating system.
* Configuration system with easy switching between different setups (simpler
than changing $PYTHONSTARTUP environment variables every time).
* Session logging and reloading.
* Extensible syntax processing for special purpose situations.
* Access to the system shell with user-extensible alias system.
* Easily embeddable in other Python programs.
* Integrated access to the pdb debugger and the Python profiler.
by Thomas Spura (2013-04-06):
- update to 0.13.2 fixes #927169, #947633
- run tests in xvfb
- reword description of ipython-tests a bit