by Lawrence R. Rogers (2013-09-25):
- Release 4.1.2-1
- Fixed more visual studio projects to work on 64-bit
- added method to Image to perform sanity check on image sizes.
- Fixed compile error on Linux etc.
---------------- VERSION 4.1.1 --------------
- Added FILE_SHARE_WRITE to all windows open calls.
- removed unused methods in CRC code that caused compile errors.
- Added NTFS FNAME times to time2 struct in TSK_FS_META to make them
easier to access -- should have done this a long time ago!
- fls -m and tsk_gettimes output NTFS FNAME times to output for timelines.
- hfind with EnCase hashsets works when DB is specified (and not only index)
- TskAuto now goes into UNALLOC partitions by default too.
- Added support to automatically find all Cellebrite raw dump files given
the name of the first image.
- Added 64-bit windows targets to VisualStudio files.
- Added NTFS sequence to parent address in directory and directory itself.
- Updated SQLite code to use sequence when finding parent object ID.
- Java bindings JAR files now have native libraries in them.
- Logical files are added with a transaction
by Lawrence R. Rogers (2013-06-17):
- Release 4.1.0-1
- Added YAFFS2 support (patch from viaForensics).
- Added Ext4 support (patch from kfairbanks)
- changed all include paths to be 'tsk' instead of 'tsk3'
-- IMPORTANT FOR ALL DEVELOPERS!
- Added Linux and MAC support.
- Added L01 support.
- Added APIs to find files by name, path and extension.
- Removed deprecated TskFile::getAttributes methods.
- moved code around for AutoBuild tool support.
- added DerivedFile datamodel support
- added a public method to Content to add ability to close() its tsk handle before the object is gc'd
- added faster skip() and random seek support to ReadContentInputStream
- refactored datamodel by pushing common methods up to AbstractFile
- fixed minor memory leaks
- improved regression testing framework for java bindings datamodel
by Brian Carrier email@example.com 3.2.3-1 (2011-10-10):
- Release 3.2.3-1
- new TskAuto method (handleNotification()) that gets verbose messages that allow for debugging when the class makes decisions.
- DOS partitions are loaded even if an extended partition fails to load
- new TskAuto::findFilesInFs(TSK_FS_INFO *) method
- Need to only specify first E01 file and the rest are found
- Changed docs license to non-commercial
- Unicode conversion routines fix invalid UTF-16 text during conversion
- Added '-d' to tsk_recover to specify directory to recover
- Added check to fatfs_open to compare first sectors of FAT if we used backup boot sector and verify it is FAT32.
- More checks to make sure that FAT short names are valid ASCII
- 3406523: Mactime size sanity check
- 3393960: hfind reading of Windows input file
- 3316603: Error reading last blocks of RAW CD images
- Fixed bugs in how directories and files were detected in TskAuto
Built to use libewf-alpha, the Version 2 interface