ssdeep - Computes a checksum based on context triggered piecewise hashes
Computes a checksum based on context triggered piecewise hashes for
each input file. If requested, the program matches those checksums
against a file of known checksums and reports any possible matches.
Output is written to standard out and errors to standard error.
Input from standard input is not supported.
by Lawrence Rogers (2013-07-17):
* Release 2.10-1
* Fuzzy Hashing engine re-written to be thread safe.
* Able to handle long file paths on Win32.
* Fixed bug on comparing signatures with the same block size.
* Fixed crash on comparing short signatures.
by Lawrence Rogers (2012-07-23):
* Release 2.9-1
Version 2.9 - 23 Jul 2012
* New Features
- Added warning message for when some data on stdin is not hashed.
- Can now hash up to 512MB of data on stdin.
- Added clustering mode to group together matching files
* Bug Fixes
- Fixed incorrect match scores for hashes with long filenames.