by Lawrence R. Rogers (2020-01-24):
* Release 4.13.0-4
- New File Discovery UI that allows you to search and filter for certain types of files.
- New Map viewer that uses either Bing (when online) or offline map tiles.
- Communications UI shows country names for phone numbers and fixed bug in summary panel.
- Fixed bugs in timeline filtering.
- Refactored backend timeline filtering code based on The Sleuth Kit datamodel changes to remove JavaFX dependency.
- Added limited support for APFS disk images. Does not include encrypted volumes or ones that span multiple disks. Uses contribution to The Sleuth Kit from Blackbag Technologies.
- New data source processor that parses “XRY File Exports”.
- Added a new “Context” viewer to show where a file came from. Currently shows what message a file was attached to or what URL a file was downloaded from.
- Added support to seek and change playback speed for videos in “Application” viewer.
- Improved support for Unicode HTML files in “Application” viewer.
- Added support for webp image files in “Application” viewer.
- Keyword Search module uses Decodetect statistical encoding detection for plain text files. Fixes issues with incorrect detection of Japanese files.
- Embedded File Extractor module uses statistical analysis to determine encoding of file names in ZIP files. Fixes issues with ZIP files created on Windows Japanese computers.
- Solr (Keyword Search module) now uses Japanese-specific tokenization using Kuromoji.
- Fixed Shellbags module in RegRipper (used by Autopsy Recent Activity module) to fix parsing errors.
- Plaso module no longer generates an error if enabled for non-disk image data sources.
- Added support for message attachments that are stored as an external file system file. Expanded Email and Android modules to use this technique.
- Fixed crashes by gstreamer when a video is selected.
- Added initial capability to delete a data source from a case (excludes data in the CR).
- Changed behavior of portable case menu item to automatically open the case and warn if it was already unpacked.
- Fixed bug that caused issues when case metadata had Unicode values.
- Added new Attachment APIs to the CommunicationsArtifactHelper class to support attachments stored as external file system files.